This post has expired
Metronet seeks a consultant who will assist the organization in refreshing and expanding its strategic plan to address member services and programs that can be developed due to a significant budget increase. Metronet is committed to undertaking a strategic process that will actively engage our organization and members in thinking about the future and planning for the sustainable delivery of the programs and services our members expect. The plan will cover FY2025-FY2028.
The planning process will include assessing current services and programs, engaging stakeholders in conversations around services and programming, and recommending additional member services and programs.
Specific areas that need to be addressed in the creation of a 3-year strategic plan include but may not be limited to:
• An environmental scan that examines internal and external opportunities and perceptions impacting Metronet’s ability to achieve mission.
• A thorough assessment of infrastructure needs including, but not limited to, technology and allocation of financial resources.
• An analysis of current staffing, anticipated needs, and recommendations for succession planning.
• Identification of unmet needs of libraries and library staff that could be met by Metronet independently or in cooperation with other systems and estimates of the increased funding that would be necessary to accomplish them.
• The development of a sustainable financial and programmatic model to achieve goals.
The final deliverable should be a clear, easily understood, strategic planning roadmap, accompanied by a strategic planning timeline, implementation and evaluation methodology. The final strategic plan will articulate a vision, mission, values, and strategies that will guide the Metronet through 2025-2028 with an action plan for each year of the plan.